Tuesday, June 13, 2017

"Star-less" Chicken Rice



Yes, just right after eating the one star Michelin chicken rice yesterday, I decided to go nearby and try another chicken rice which is "star-less". This place is located at Trivex, along 8 Burn Road.


As usual, most of the time I will avoid the lunch crowd hence I was there at around 1120am. This stall is known as Mei Jin Kee. I ordered the hind side of soya sauce chicken (鸡尾) and roasted chicken drumstick (鸡腿) together with 2 plates of rice which total cost is $9.

Out of curiosity, I asked the stall lady, "have you ever tried the Michelin chicken rice?"

"Aiya, most people nowadays just go for brand. We have customers who tried it and tell us the taste is so-so only." replied the stall lady.


After a while, my food is ready. As I was a bit hungry. I finished the food within 10-15 minutes. 

If you were to ask me to compare this chicken rice and the one star Michelin chicken rice, I would simply say that each has it own style and everyone's taste might be different too.

What about you? Do you think the one-star Michelin chicken rice differ much from the others?


As for the vegans, not to worry there are also a vending machine selling salad and you also choose different types of sauce, peanuts etc. 

This machine also remind me of the Vendcafe in Sengkang which literally you can just order food from the machine without anyone tending to you. Cool right?

Try it and let me know how it goes for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment